Whenever I read God’s word, a question I find myself asking over and over again is, “Who is God?” My heart longs to know Him (the REAL Him) and I want my life to reflect His character.
Today in the passages from the One Year Bible reading, we find a God who loves His people. Below are some excerpts from the reading that are beautiful reminders to us of the God we serve.
- He is a God who promises to be with His people (Jeremiah 30:11)
- He promises to save His people (Jeremiah 30:11).
- God loves His own with an everlasting love (Jeremiah 31:3).
- God draws His people close to Himself with unfailing kindness (Jeremiah 31:3).
- God turns the mourning of His people into gladness (Jeremiah 31:13).
- God brings comfort and joy instead of sorrow (Jeremiah 31:13).
- God wants all people to be saved and to come to a knowledge of the truth (I Timothy 2:4).
As I contemplate the goodness of God today, I am challenged to live my life like He does. To love people unconditionally. To extend kindness when it is undeserved. To bring comfort and joy to those who are in sorrow. And to proclaim the good news to others so that they might be saved and know this very God whose loving kindness will never fail.